25 Companies That Now Accept Bitcoin
- WordPress.com – An online publishing site
- Overstock.com – Online store selling high ticket items
- Subway – International restaurant
- Microsoft – Xbox and Windows stores
- Reddit – Social sharing site where you can gift “Gold” status with bitcoins
- Virgin Galactic – Richard Branson company that sells phones and airline services
- OkCupid – Online dating site
- CheapAir.com – Travel booking site for airline tickets, car rentals, hotels
- Expedia.com – Online travel booking agency
- Newegg.com – Online electronics retailer now uses Bitpay to accept bitcoin as payment
- Dell – Multinational computer technology company
- Wikipedia – A free, online encyclopedia
- Steam – Desktop gaming platform with VR capabilities
- The Pirate Bay – BitTorrent directory
- Zynga – Mobile gaming provider
- 4Chan.org – “Pass” can be purchased to support this image based bulletin board site
- Whole Foods – Organic food store purchases can be made with gift card from Gyft
- Mint.com – Budget and financial assistance app
- Bloomberg.com – Online newspaper
- Etsy Vendors (93) – Site hosting original creations by artists
- Fight for the Future – Leading organization fighting for Internet democratization
- Dish Network – An American direct-broadcast satellite service provider
- The Libertarian Party – United States political party
- Louisiana State Republican Party – First State Republican Party to accept bitcoin donations
- Lionsgate Films – International Film production studio
Bitcoin’s Rapid Expansion
Last month, DigiLyfe discovered that the total market for cryptocurrency stood at $48,567,465,937 USD. As of today, the market hovers around $103,804,924,910 USD.
In other words, cryptocurrency, on the whole, experienced a net growth of more than $55,237,458,973 in one month.
This incredible margin is both unprecedented and largely welcomed for its seemingly stabilizing effects.
In fact, your major bank may now offer Bitcoin tools and account support. We’ve seen Bitcoin’s value change, but what we hadn’t seen was a large number of traditional banks creating cryptocurrency infrastructure. That, too, is beginning to happen.
Buy low and Sell High
As the Climate Shifts: Buyer Beware
Last month, when OKI launched their new cash recycling Bitcoin ATM to further expand its mechatronics business overseas–Bitcoin achieved an all-time high.
But smart investors aim to buy low and sell high. Will the price drop? Maybe
Bitcoin does have a history of large fluctuation. Four years ago, between December 4th, 2013 and May 12th, 2014, Bitcoin dropped from $1,151 to $441.
Recently, Mark Cuban took to Twitter to say, “I think [Bitcoin is] in a bubble. I just don’t know when or how much it corrects. When everyone is bragging about how easy they are making [money–that shows this growth is the result of a] bubble”
What do you think our currency future looks like? How do you feel about cryptocurrency being the way of the future?